Electrical certificates

You might be familiar with the electrical certificates or you may need an electrical condition report for a number of reasons, such as when selling or buying a property. Or, you may need an electrical report to find out the condition of an installation after a flood or fire, or at the end of the period recommended in a previous electrical certificate. The electrical certificates are compulsory and you cannot manage your property without it. If you want to be in the property letting business, then you must always make sure that you get one of these certificates for yourself as well as your customers and tenants.


The National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting (NICEIC) is one of several organisations which regulates the training and work of electrical enterprises in the UK. The NICEIC is one of several providers given Government approval to offer Competent Person Schemes to oversee electrical work within the electrical industry. It is a privately owned body (the owner being the Electrical Safety Council, a registered charity) and not a government organisation, as often incorrectly assumed. (Wikipedia)


In the United Kingdom, the law requires a registered electrician with a Government Approved Scheme to carry out most electrical work in the home. After completion of any work a suitably registered electrician will issue you with an Electrical Safety Certificate to confirm it meets the requirements of the Building Regulations. For electricians, that means being registered to one of a number of government approved registers for Part P Registered Domestic Electrical Installers (both full and defined scope). These include:


  • NAPIT (National Association for Professional Inspectors and Testers)
  • BSI (British Standards Institute)


Electrical certificates for landlords in London

First Action can help you with any electrical certificate as they are full qualified and NICEIC approved contractor! Prices are affordable for domestic and commercial properties.


However old your electrical installation is, it may get damaged and will suffer from wear and tear. You should get an electrician to check its condition at least every ten years or whenever you move into a new property.


For more information, please visit our webpage at or by phone 020 3086 8771